Re: bulbs are here/lurker

Hello Melody,

We picked out flat rocks from the millions that seemed to live in my garden area that the size would be the proper contrast to the plant- very small rocks for small plants etc.'.
After cleaning the smoothest side they were then painted with a white background & painted with a good grade of exterior paint - a likeness for the color & type of flower & listed both scientific name & common name. They do look quite nice & tell both me & others who wonder what the plant is. Seems to me to look a bit better than upright markers. Just an idea I came up with.

Melody wrote:

Ron: I don't have an answer on the tulip/bulbs question for you...sorry!
But I do have a question about something you mentioned in you e-mail in
passing. You said you have had help from a young woman who paints info
on rocks for you...that sounds kind of like something I'd like to see in
my garden...what kind of info and how big/small are the rocks??? Is this
your way of marking your plants and if so, how did you think of that?

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." --Albert Einstein