Speaking of lurking, I have barely been able to read my mail and no time to
respond so here are a couple of 'catch-ups'.
    Kitty, your lilybug is not familiar to me.  I looked in E. McRaes
'Lilies' book (lily bible).  He describes the lily weevil (Agasphaerops nigra) as
'The larvae are minute, whitish, legless grubs with chestnut-brown heads.  They
burrow into the lily stem and bulb'.  The red lily beetle it is not but he adds
this: 'The larva is a humpbacked, dirty yellow grub with a dark head,
repulsively covering itself in dark, slimy excrement.'  Sounds like a handsome devil,
huh?  Nothing else listed that would seem possible.
    Aurlie, your statement,  'Who gets vacation days when you're retired?'
is so correct.  However, I have no regrets.  When I retired 11 yrs ago from
Deere with 33 yrs seniority I had 6 1/2 wks vacation, 10 holidays & shutdown
betwn Xmas & New Yrs.  No sick days however.  You were expected hell or high water
and that I did. Our benefits (salary employees) reflected somewhat that rcd
by the union (UAW Auto Workers) and you see how the US auto makers are in big
trouble with costs vs foreign makers.  This is a good part of the reason.
Their benefit package is a dream.
    Tony, I think of you so frequently and continue to pray for your health
and acceptance.  I love to read your messages.
    To all, the summer is going much to fast.  I am assisting my mother in
her needs with her continued health problems and now a broken ankle.  We have
listed her home for sale and will be moving her to senior apartments the first
of Sept.  She has so much change in her life with the move, downsizing and
coping with the loss of my father.