From: Ron & Penny Verow <rverow@earthlink.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] bulbs are here/lurker
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 19:19:41 -0400

Hello Kitty,

My bulbs arrived today & thank you so much. I will have them in the ground by tomorrow.

As far as lurking; I have been lurking for over 2 yrs if we are counting AHS list. I do say a few (very few) words once in a while)

I am trying to build beds undoubtedly too large for a newcomer but I have lots of time having retired 7 yrs ago at age 55 yrs.

I am trying to display plants for my wife to see out of all our windows.

I have a lovely rock garden & am in the process of cataloging all of the plants for reference on what works here in Maine. I have also had help from a lovely young gal who has painted info on rocks for all to see.

I have two large holding areas to hold all the plants that I beg, borrow, & buy until I finish my 300' X 5' long planting area. Plus 5 smaller plots.

In the future I hope to make a contribution to this wonderful site famous in my mind for all the helpful hints I am able to glean.

Thanks you all so much.

I do have on question which I am hoping an answer for.

I have a circular bed with about 1800 tulips that I want to move & have started to dig out the tulips & other bulbs to dry & hold until this fall. my question is will they do better if I wash all the dirt off before drying or am I better off leaving the dirt on?

Thanks for all the past & future help.

ron

zone 4/5