Re: miniatures/ hypertufa

In a message dated 08/08/2003 7:04:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
genebush@otherside.com writes:

>   We certainly do not have any problems selling troughs at garden
> shows.... very popular as are the plants that go in them, along with accents
> such as fairies and small animals in weather resistant construction.

Gene, I have never had a trough garden, but have always wanted one.  My dh is
not supportive of such, so I do the best I can.  Do you know about Stonecrop
Gardens created by Frank Cabot in the Hudson Valley.  It is a magnificent
place - I'm sure it's a rich man's tax dodge, for he is one of the Massachusetts
Cabots who speak only to God, but I can't fault his hobby.  The special feature
of that place is alpine plants in trough gardens.  I can't find a site online
for just the gardens, but here is one about his other hobby and has some
pictures.  If you don't already know about this place, you should be interested.
<A HREF="http://www.gardenweek.org/perfection/";>http://www.gardenweek.org/perfection/</A>
You will have to poke around a bit, but there is a page that says Alpine
Plants and Rockwork.
Auralie