Thanks & weather

Kitty...thanks so much...my bulbs arrived and half are in the
ground...we continue to have so much rain that it is difficult to get
prepared and I must be careful as where I tend to put them already has
spring bulbs. One of my former work colleagues grew them and said they
do very well here so I am really looking forward to them.

I also have a "disappearing plant". I started a new section of bed with
Angelina and decided to add a Scaevola...all were doing fine...slightly
different shades of color . I went out yesterday and the Scaevola was
GONE...nothing in sight.

We have had storms and so much rain this year...a surplus of 7.52 inches
since as of July 31 and we have had rain everyday in August...but the
butterflies are numerous...also the birds...also mosquitoes with reports
of West Nile in the county and rabbits everywhere. We saw two green
hummingbirds and a bright yellow finch yesterday. My flowers have
required much more pruning and deadheading than normal just to keep them
coming. Several of my herbs have given up due to wet feet even though I
built a raised herb bed with plenty of sand and stone.

Our paper did a feature on the rain comparing each month with "normal"
conditions. March and April seem to have just reversed with February,
May and July having more than double the usual rain.

Bonnie Zone 6+ ETN
holmesbm@usit.net