Re: Re: Re: [Russian Sage-Wendy

Re: Where's the happy middle ground here!?

I realize that was rhetorical and just one of those garden gripes we all utter,
No one soil is the answer for all plants.  The best thing to do, if you want a
mixed planting is to start by judging the soil and then only choose plants that
work with your conditions.  You can't put Pitcher Plants and Sages in a loam
bed with your Purple Coneflower.

Yes, we all know this, but it can be fun, but also depressing when we try to
push the limits of growing plants.  I've personally had it with my Russian
Sage.  It's pretty, but it just doesn't want to play nice with the other plants
in the bed.