Re: /lurker

> Things seem to be a bit sporadic.  Nothing for close on 24 hours and now a
> few have dribbled in.  I thought something might have happened to the list.

Hi Kitty,

   There were some problems over the weekend.  There were a whole bunch
   of spam messages sent to Mallorn that exploited a bug in some software
   that we use on the mailing lists.

   From http://scifi.squawk.com/demime.html

      8-11-2003: There is a malformed spam running around that is
      causing demime havoc. It is marked as having a base64 section,
      but it does not have one. This causes the base64 decoder to
      loop. This is something you must patch.

   So when our system received the spam, it got into an endless loop
   trying to deliver it, using up all of the computer's resources so that
   other mail couldn't get through.

   I have a backup of messages that were sent over the weekend, so I'll
   be resending them through the system tonight.

   Sorry about the problems!

Chris

--
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."