From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Gene Bush
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 6:35 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] bronze fennel/Clerodendrum

Hello Zem,
    Had a landscaping friend bring us a Clerodendrum this summer in the
back of his pickup truck in full sun, no cover on the meager root ball,
and the plant about six feet in height. We just knew it was a goner.
Planted the thing after about a week or two of trying to make up our
mind if it was worth the effort. Seems it was. It is now in bloom. Wife
loves the fragrance of the oddly shaped buds and blooms. To me the
foliage smells like peanut butter... love that stuff and the aroma.
He... the landscaper, was over this past week to make the announcement
that we need to be very careful of the suckering habit... like all over
the place. We can mow on 3 sides..... suppose we can predict the rest of
the story.......
    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com