Plant identification question

A club member handed me a newspaper clipping and wanted to know what the
plant was. It sounds very suspicious to me, as no name is given to the plant at
all.  I the club-member that I had never heard of such, but I would try to find
out. I will copy the clipping in its entirety

DIG THIS MIRACLE WEED - FIDO WON'T - by Bill Hoffmann
  A gardener has developed a miraculous plant that keeps cats and dogs off
the lawn.
  Pets are repelled by the plant's horrendous smell, whch sends them paccking
the moment they come in contact, keeping them from digging up or fouling the
lawn.
  Amazingly, humans can't smell the plant until its leaves are crushed - and
to the human nose it has the pleasant odor of schnapps.
  The new plant - which has been named 'P---Off" - is a cross between an
Australian plant and a Brazilian weed.
  "This hybrid is really successful.  The animals can't cope even a few feet
from the plants," said Dieter Stegmaier, the German horticulturist who bred
the plant and plans to market it worldwide.
  "The plant is not ugly and is fairly hardy, making it the perfect garden
plant.  It even has pretty flowers - blue ones - for most of the summer.
  "The animals around here don't even think about coming round to use my
garen as a toilet."