Re: miniatures

In a message dated 08/13/2003 11:07:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kmrsy@comcast.net writes:

> I thought it was the flowers that were miniature, but the tables, too?
> _^..^_ Kitty

A "table design" includes the dishes and other appointments, including a
flower arrangement, for a given type of meal, such as "a luncheon for two," or
"buffet for six."  In a standard size flower show, the components would be the
same ones you set your table with, and would be staged on an appropriately-sized
table, but in a miniature show the dishes must be in scale.  Specifications
might be, "Tea for two, staged on a pedestal with a 9" round top, 42" high."
For this you would need tiny dishes and a flower design about 5" high.
I know, I know, you really don't want to hear this.