From:  [mailto: mlrasmus@rockwellcollins.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:59:45 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Heuchera Division

>Would it be possible to just slice through the crown so each section
(that<br>might have a new shoot) also gets a part >of the roots to go
with it?<br><br>Kitty, my Mother takes one large heuchera clump, digs it
up, and it just<br>about falls apart into thumb-sized pieces when the
dirt is shaken off.<br>Probably gets about 25 starts at least from one
plant! She also snaps off<br>the dead parts, then just sticks the
division in the soil. I now have<br>heuchera as the border on the
majority of my beds! The more you pick the<br>blossoms the more they
bloom. I've never tried leaf cuttings. I was a bit<br>intimidated the
first time I watched her divide a clump, but it really was<br>easy.
Anyone needing a start, let me know. Mine are green with
pink<br>blossoms (here we go again - starts from someone else's garden
I'd love to meet in DM or Ames sometime, since we<br>missed each other
at the fair! We stayed with friends that weekend that<br>have an RV
space in the campground, and celebrated out 28th wedding<br>anniversary.
DH even won a stuffed animal for me on the Midway. Looked<br>great, tied
to the backrest of the motorcycle on the way home....<br>Mardi<br>Iowa

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com