From: Ray & Nora Edwards [mailto: raynora.edwards@worldnet.att.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:41:45 -0700
Subject: Re: [CHAT] butterflies, etc now chemical contaminants

Scary! but very believable. It's been a strange week for me also. One of
the<br>nicest ,most competent, reliable N.A.C.s just vanished. We are
all sick<br>about it. His roommate came home and found the dog in the
house. Ken always<br>took the dog to his moms house before work. He's
very good with people and<br>animals. He didn't show up for work or
call( not like him at all) . Now we<br>are getting posters out and I'm
afraid the out come will not be good. It's<br>scary out there lately. If
it's not environmental pollution done knowingly<br>for profit, its
potential predators.<br><br> What do you do for
<mhobertm@excite.com><br>To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Wednesday,
August 13, 2003 2:43 AM<br>Subject: Re: [CHAT] butterflies, etc now
some very scary things going on<br>> out there...in the past week the
EPA disclosed in a public town meeting<br>> with our little bitty tiny
town that our groundwater supply is<br>> contaminated with perchlorates
(a by-product of rocket fuel and<br>> fertilizer production) and that it
is not safe for anyone in town to<br>> ingest it without further
testing...and since we are all on private<br>> wells or sandpoints (more
shallow form of well) as opposed to a<br>> municipal water service, this
testing could take a while. No real<br>> answers forthcoming about
initial source of the contamination or how<br>> soon we can proceed to
just cleaning it up (or where the funding for<br>> such an massive
undertaking is going to come from)...it's been a very<br>> frustrating
beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious."<br>> --Albert
Einstein<br>><br>> --- On Sun 08/10, Ray & Nora Edwards <
raynora.edwards@worldnet.att.net ><br>wrote:<br>> From: Ray & Nora
Edwards [mailto: raynora.edwards@worldnet.att.net]<br>> To:
gardenchat@hort.net<br>> Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 11:36:54

check that one out - thanks Gene. First I have to get<br>>
over<br>reading about all the chemical dumping in eastern WA. that
was<br>> supposed to<br>be good for the soil. There are some scary
-----<br>From: "Gene Bush"<br>> <genebush@otherside.com><br>To:
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Saturday,<br>> August 09, 2003 4:35
to be entertained and have your blood<br>> chilled, read "Oryx and<br>>
Crake" by Margaret Atwood of The Handmaid's<br>> Tale fame. GE taken to
genebush@munchkinnursery.com<br>> Zone 6/5 Southern
near crop areas? I f so<br>> ,I would put my money on genetic<br>> >
engineered crops. Things like<br>> B.T. in corn crops will be
watch dog report in OG recently that referred to<br>> a report
prepared to monitor<br>> > Monsanto's GE crops. Currently they are<br>>
testing plants that are<br>engineered<br>> > to produce
pharmaceuticals.<br>> Corn spliced with pig vaccine strayed
were fined $250,000 then<br>> ><br>> they were given 3.5 Million
To sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with
the<br>><br>> message text
sign-off this list,