Re: miniatures

In a message dated 08/15/2003 12:39:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mhobertm@excite.com writes:

> So, where do you find furnishings for tea for two that are that small?
> This really sounds quite intriguing...maybe you've hooked a few of us on
> this idea, Auralie!

Melody, I look for them in all sorts of places, and have a small collection
by now.  They often show up in gift shops.  My latest came from the bookshop at
the Morgan Library.  I have one darling one - the total is less than 3" -
having components  shaped like yellow gourds.  Most of them are more
conventional.  The important thing  is to be sure the components are all in good scale to
each other.  I was given a very pretty one made in Thailand that I would love
to use, but the cups are much too large for the saucers.