Re borage et al

Here I was going on and on about the Borage family and then I looked in the new
Timber Press catalogue (again).  They have Pulmonarias and the Borage Family,
just released earlier this year for $40.  Found it at overstock.com for $22!

-----Original Message-----I was just looking through my A-B file of magazine
clippings on plants and came
across a single page (but back to back) with BORAGE written at the top. This
1999 article by Anne Lovejoy briefly covered many of the plants in the Borage
family.  I don't often think in terms of family, but low and behold, so many of
the plants there were the one I've been drawn to.  Not just Borago, but
Brunneras and Pulmonarias, Mertensia and Myosotis and its cousin Cynoglossum.
And then I spotted Omphalodes which I'm growing now successfully after several
bad starts.  Another favorite: Lithodora and our recently discussed
Symphytums.  And would you believe it?  Heliotrope!  A couple I haven't tried
but have seen like Cerinthe, Trachystemon, and Buglossoides.  And a tender
Myosotidium to die for.

But I was surprised to see that I had inadvertantly been quite drawn to a
specific family, without ever knowing it.  Hmmmm, a whole new way to look at my