From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
To: "Agardenchat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Subject: [CHAT] gnomes
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:25:46 -0500

The newsletter from a local nursery had a little commentary on the Harry
Potter books in reference to gardening:
"....Still, the best gardening moment (so far) in the books is when Mrs.
Weasley, a wizard mother, sends her boys out "to de-gnome the garden for me;
they're gettingcompletely out of hand again." The lads reluctantly tromp
outdoors to grab the biting, kicking, little creatures by the feet, spin
them in circles, and fling them over the fence. "It doesn't hurt them -
you've just got to make them really dizzy so they can't find their way back
to the gnomeholes."
And you thought your garden had pest problems!"

Kitty