Re: ehum....

In a message dated 08/24/2003 11:41:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
gardenqueen@gbronline.com writes:

> Don't know about everyone but it was quite awesome last night! It's the
> closest it's been to Earth in hundreds of years. Very cool!

  Did you know that there is an international organization, The Mars Society,
 dedicated to furthering the exploration and settlement of Mars?  If you are
interested,
<A HREF="http://www.marssociety.org";>http://www.marssociety.org</A> check here.  There is some sort of big celebration
in Utah over the Labor Day weekend to celebrate this Mars event - if you
Westerners are interested.
  One of the things that has complicated my life this summer was the rush job
to prepare the index to a book, obviously pitched at this event.  MARS ON
EARTH, by Robert Zubin, president of the Mars Society, makes their pitch for
exploration of Mars and gives a detailed account of the organization's "mission
simulations" at two sites chosen to approximate the conditions likely to be
found on Mars.  One is in northern Canada, and the other in Utah.  Fascinating.
But I'm not putting my name on the list for first trips.  Auralie