Re: bermudagrass wars

on 8/29/03 9:35 AM, kmrsy@comcast.net wrote:

fumigants used outdoors?

Then, there fumigant "bombs". You would lay out a tarp, seal the edges with
dirt, sand, etc. Area was watered down the day before. Instructions were
given on how to release the gas. It is heavier than air. Used so many lbs. /
given area.
When I grew azaleas in S. B., we an infestation of "nematodes" (forgot the
type} & a grub that girdled the base of the stem. We layed down the tarp as
above, & large tanks of MB liquid which was heated as it went through this
coil which turned it into a gas under pressure. We used a torch to check the
edges for leaks. It had color when flame hit it. We did 25 acres this way.
Next day, we un - tarped it.

Tony Veca <><
Another Gr888 Day in Paradise !!!!!
Vancouver, WA  USA