Re: variegated foliage

In a message dated 08/31/2003 6:30:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Zemuly@aol.com writes:

> Should you have any extra Tie Dye seeds, or know of a source, I'd be very
> interested.

Zem, your morning glory-covered cottage sounds charming.  I love them, too,
and have always had some growing somewhere - even when we were just married and
lived in a Greenwich Village apartment I had them growing in a pot in the
window.
'Morning glories have become a weed in my vegetable garden.  I have planted
'Heavenly Blue', 'Pearly Gates'  'Scarlett O'Hara' and others, to grow on the
fence and they have reseeded copiously, but they are all rather small and not
the original colors - mostly sorta fuschia.  I still let them grow on the fence
- have to weed them out of the beds or they choke everything else.  One has
grown up inside a tomato frame and it looks as if the tomato has big flowers.

My seeds for 'Tie Dye' came from Parks.  I have grown them for three years
now, but haven't saved seeds since my experience has been that the fancy ones
revert very quickly.  Mine are blue - to shades of lavendar and purple, but I
believe I remember that they also offered a pink.  Look for them next year, or
remind me and I will split a package with you.  I'm sure you will enjoy them.
Auralie