Re: overwintering

In a message dated 08/01/2004 11:24:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Zemuly@aol.com writes:
Living by myself does help in that regard.  <LOL>  If I remember correct
ly you are from Alabama.  If that is  true we probably are related.

I grew up in the Florida panhandle, but my father's family were in Alabama
from around
1900 - in the country between Ozark and Ariton. I think Clio was the nearest
postoffice.  We're talking real backwoods here. The Phillips family was large
- I can remember family reunions on the last Sunday in August where more than
a hundred people would gather for dinner on the grounds and political
speakin's.  I didn't see much of that branch of the family, as my mother's family
raised me after her death when I was an infant.  They were "urban" people (in a
town with a population of around 5,000) as opposed to "country," and thought
they belonged to a higher culture.  Of course I developed my own views by the
time I was a teenager, and got out of town as fast as I could.