Re: Black & Decker Trimmer/Jim

Same here...I just have mine charging all the time. And I was seriously
whacking away at tall grass over the weekend. What seemed to burn up the
battery faster than anything is the edging, but I don't do that very
often either....maybe twice a year. What I love, love, love is that I
don't have to pull a string to start it....just flip the switch...and
I'm off. Woo HOO. And it's pretty quiet too.

james singer <jsinger@igc.org> wrote:
I think part of it is getting the battery used to the idea of a charge.
Seriously. Mine is on the charger all the time [recommended] and gets
used, maybe, every couple of weeks for a couple of hours. I've never
used it longer than about 2 hours at a stretch, but I've not see any
diminution of power after 2 hours and so have always assumed it would
just outlast my interest in using it :>)

If it ever quits raining, he said, I'm going to give it a real test
next weekend on the macho fern jungle that is threatening the front
patio.

On Monday, August 2, 2004, at 10:49 AM, Jesse Bell wrote:

> Well, if the grass is not TOO thick and high...my guess would be that
> it
> would hold for 2-3 hours. The box said it held a 16 hour charge...but I
> can't see that happening. Jim, does yours hold up that long?

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4
Zone 10a