Re: Visit to Plant Delights

Yes...exactly. She hears my voice and comes running like I'm her momma.
Follows me EVERYWHERE. When I pick her up, she leans really hard into my
chest and grunts like, "OH MOM...where have you BEEN!" It's so darn
cute. This was a first time mom and she had twins. We think she couldn't
produce enough milk for both of them so she just chose one and pushed
the other away. The one she kept is a little skinnier now than the one
we are bottle feeding. I talked to a lady who raises goats and she said
in situations like this, and it's very common, the mother will pick the
male over the female baby...or the one with a more golden color or
lighter color. They were both girls. She chose the lighter brown one. Go
figure. We had that baby in the living room last night...feeding her,
then holding her until she fell asleep in our arms...TOTALLY content.
I'm such a sucker for critters...especially the babies.

james singer <jsinger@igc.org> wrote:
When I had the sheep ranch, Jesse, I used to bottle feed the
bummers--usually the runts of triplet births. And of course they
implanted on me and ran to me and followed me whenever I went into
their pasture. Their like puppy dogs if they've been bottle fed.

On Tuesday, August 3, 2004, at 11:38 AM, Jesse Bell wrote:

> Wow..sounds like fun...but it's hard for me to get away with a house
> FULL of kids, full time job and a farm full of animals. Bottle feeding
> baby goat right now that the mother rejected. She is such a DOLL.
>

> Andrea H wrote:
> You would really love it. He said they do classes after the spring
> rush is
> done (May) but I think they have open houses, etc. I know they have a
> calendar on their website. Maybe we could talk Pam and Rene into flying
>
> Andrea H
> Beaufort, SC

Island Jim
Southwest Florida