Re: Imidacloprid

Our Donna had aphids?

On Wednesday, August 4, 2004, at 08:25 PM, David Franzman wrote:

A few weeks ago Donna had asked how to rid herself of aphids. I mentioned a
couple of Bayer products, Tree and Shrub and Rose 2/1 Care. Used
systemically both of these products have had great effects against most
sucking insects ie. aphids, whiteflies etc. I know that most of you prefer a
kinder approach to the environment as I do but I thought you might be
interested in this position page that outlines the benefits and risks
involved. Either way you choose at least by reading this short paper you are
armed with the info that can help make a decision. The Tree and Shrub has a
higher concentration of the active ingredient than does the 2/1. This is my
number one primary insecticide that I use in my greenhouses.

http://www.beekeeping.com/articles/us/imidacloprid_bayer.htm

DF

http://www.hort.net/funds/

Island Jim