From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Cersgarden@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 9:00 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] weather

In a message dated 8/4/04 5:47:03 AM, justme@prairieinet.net writes:

<< Well it gained some punch and came thru here last night around 10... >>

Donna, I didn't know this when I wrote my message but we had tornados in the

state last evening, much damage from winds and   in our area many are
without
electricity and flooded areas everywhere.  This was the 4th sizable rain
this
week.  Our soils are saturated.
    It was so scary driving home last evening after dinner and a partial
concert in a city sq located in a city south of the Des Moines area,
Indianola.
The rain was coming down so hard, lighting was breath taking, streets were
flooded causing detours. The hot air balloon championships are in process
this
week in Indianola.  They have lift offs early mornings & evenings which has
been
difficult in view of the stormy weather which seem to be scheduled for early

mornings & evenings.  Hang on!
    Ceres

http://www.hort.net/funds/