Re: Imidacloprid

In a message dated 08/04/2004 9:23:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
justme@prairieinet.net writes:
Of course I did :)... ya know, you are hosing them off the plants and
sure enough a few jump on you in the process... bet you had them too :)
LOL!

FWIW, I kept plugging away with my hose on full force over the pond....
it finally worked!.. that and the fact the ladybugs finally decided to
earn their keep here :)

Donna
Who is now aphid free....

In view of the levity of this discussion I will take the liberty of
forwarding an illustrative
anecdote I received from my son this morning:

An old farmer in Florida had owned a large farm for many years. He had a
large pond in the back, fixed up nice; picnic tables, horseshoe courts, and some
apple and peach trees. The pond was properly shaped and fixed up for swimming
when it was built.

One evening the old farmer decided to go down to the pond, as he hadn't been
there for a while, and look it over. He grabbed a five gallon bucket to bring
back some fruit.
As he neared the pond, he heard voices shouting and laughing with glee.
As  he came closer he saw it was a bunch of young women skinny-dipping in his
pond.
He made the women aware of his presence and they all went to the deep end of
the pond.
One of the women shouted to him, "We're not coming out until you leave!"
The old man frowned, "I didn't come down here to watch you ladies swim naked,
or make you get out of the pond naked." Holding the bucket up he said, "I'm
here to feed the alligator."

Moral: Old age and cunning will triumph over youth and enthusiasm every time.