Re: Scavenger hunt

Comon names are  BLUE CANDLE, GARAMBULLA, WHORTLEBERRY CACTUS, Bilberry
Cactus, Blue Flame, Padre Nuestro, Organ pipe cactus, Blue Myrtle, Dinosaur
Back Plant, Blueberry Cactus
Syn: Cereus geometrizans

You've probably already visited these sites, but they did look like they
might be helpful:

http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plants/Cactaceae/Myrtillocactus_geom.html

http://florawww.eeb.uconn.edu/acc_num/198800198.html

http://members.tripod.com/~KeinHong/graft-howto.html
this is an article on grafting, utilizing your plant

http://ag.arizona.edu/pubs/garden/mg/cacti/Propagation.htm
more on grafting: "A grafting technique for rapid increase of trichocereus
hybrids has been developed by using Myrtillocactus geometrizans as
understock and grafting the areoles of trichocereus."

http://ag.arizona.edu/pubs/garden/mg/cacti/Propagation.htm
potting and propagation

and, that's not that hard to pronounce.

Kitty