Re: seedling mulch

> From: Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net>
> Thanks Marge -
> here it is not referred to as starter or grower size grit, but
turkey or
> chicken  grit.  I'll ask about the additives.  Thanks!

Well, it's chicken grit here, but that grit comes in different sizes;
starter, grower and layer...so that's why I mentioned it as it
probably comes in different sizes where you are as well.  If you just
snag a bag and don't check to see if it has a size designation, you
might end up with grower or layer, and those are too coarse, really,
for seed pots.  If they don't sell it by those designations where you
are, see if you can open a bag or find a broken bag to check the size
of the grit in it before you get it.  Not that any size wouldn't be
useful in the garden, but since you're looking for stuff for seed

Just a FYI:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis