Slugger update:
My newest cat Slugger has finished getting all his shots, so the vet tested
him for Bartonellosis, Cat Scratch Fever.  His results came back as a 4+,
meaning high - off the charts.  So now he gets a pill every day for 3 weeks.
2 of my other cats had it and I could see a real improvement in them after
treatment.  Slugger has a few health quirks that I hope will diminish after

My appointment was delayed that day because someone came in with a sick cat.
No reason for the illness and it would come and go.  He said that was most
likely CSF too.  Manifests itself in so many different ways.  Many cats get
it when they're born and show no outrageous symptoms so it can go undetected
their whole lives.  However, they'd feel better if they got rid of the bug.

One red flag indicating a cat has Bartonellosis is a red line along the gum
line.  That's what lead my vet to suspect Slugger had it, and he certainly
did.  A reading of +2 means the cat has it, but nothing to worry about,
treatment not necessary, but higher than that, treatment is beneficial.
Slugger's 4+ reading meant Pill Time!