Re: Garden Projects

IMO, path surfacing in woodland gardens is a bit of a problem. I tend
to use woodchips, which have to be replaced, grow great weeds when
they start to break down and tend to wash on hills in heavy rain.
Have several paths that have not gotten them and are basically packed
clay that I weed and sweep.  Have been planning to do some steps to
stop the water rush, but now see that with my benign neglect while
doing other stuff, some spots are getting covered in moss.  I could
live with a moss covered path:-)

Your cedar rounds sound like a good idea tho' I understand wood can
get slippery when wet, but give it a go and see what happens!

I tend to edge my woodland garden beds with logs as I have lots of
logs; they also rot over time, but they grow moss and sort of blend

Great chimney pots!  Put it where you find you want a vertical

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis
All Suite101.com garden topics :