From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Kitty
Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2004 12:31 PM
To: Agardenchat
Subject: [CHAT] goldfinch

As I came down toward the Florida room I could hear a very different (from
the usual around here) bird sound.  There on the Anise Hyssop (Agastache
rugosa) were 3 gold and black little birds, nibbling away at the flowers.  I
had never seen anything but insects - bees, wasps, butterflies, and moths -
on this plant before.  Since I know very little about birds, I guessed they
were goldfinches.  The pictures I googled look very much like them.

I realize they aren't all that uncommon, but it was a real treat for me to
see them enjoying a plant I grew from seed.