Re: goldfinch

That's interesting, Pam.  Our goldfinches don't go South.  They're here all
winter, but
the males lose their brilliant color in the fall and spend the winter looking
like their drab
mates.  One of the first signs of spring here is when the males begin to have
a few
bright feathers.  They look pretty patchy for a few weeks before they're all

In a message dated 08/07/2004 10:06:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,