Finally had enough non-rain time to pot up all those cactus cuttings I got nearly 2 weeks ago, plus two fig tree cuttings that had rooted. Still have a few rooted cuttings of that dark red begonia with the silver dusting to pot. Next weekend.

A couple of the cactus cuttings that were laying on my very wet potting bench were already starting to root. These were both Opuntias that are going to become part of the hedge in between the Bismarckia and Phoenix palms along the side street. Want to plant some of the whortleberrys out there, too, but I want to make sure they have good root systems first.

I planted one of the Hylocereus cuttings [all of which will stay in the lath house until we learn better] in one of those terra cotta troughs. Planted it on its side on top of the planting medium with one of its vanes sort of squirmed into the medium. This was Ms. Fatma's idea based on the fact that cactus readily root from every pore given the opportunity--and the fact we have four others now standing upright in 1-gallon pots.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Zone 10a