Re: gainful employment/burnout

When I joined the Army (during Vietnam), it was with the understanding that my salary was based on 24/7. There was no such thing as an 8 hour work day, there was no overtime, there was no "comp time". We did it because we were committed to a cause we considered greater than ourselves, and to our comrades.
Cathy