Re: Garden Projects

Ceres, if Mazus is somewhere it's happy, it will cover it completely
- you should see my driveway!  Makes a great carpet where it is
happy, tho'.  Only problem is that it does not get thick enough to
stop seeding annual weeds, so it needs continual weeding - acts as a
great nurse plant.

Woolly thyme is lovely - the only place I can get it to survive is my
sand bed.  It needs all the sun you can give it and is not fond of
hot, humid nights; rots it out in my regular beds.  A friend in
northern PA had the absolutely most gorgeous swaths of this plant - I
was so jealous...mine lives but is not as thick and marvelous as hers

For sunny paving cracks in cooler and less humid climates than mine,
Thymus minus is super.  I can sometimes keep a clump going for a year
or two, but then it rots out - even growing in what is basically
stonedust; just too humid and damp here for it.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis
All Suite101.com garden topics :
> From: Cersgarden@aol.com
> In a message dated 8/7/04 11:34:36 PM, mtalt@hort.net writes:
> << Mazus reptans >>
> Marge, I also have this as a ground cover btwn the limestone steps.
 But it