Re: grits

Ceres, most olives you but in this country are lye cured.

On Monday, August 9, 2004, at 10:57 PM, Cersgarden@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 8/9/04 6:50:43 PM, Zemuly@aol.com writes:

<< Ground up hominy, which is corn that used to be soaked in lye water >>

Zem, there are few foods I won't eat or don't like. In fact, I could not put
together a list. Can't eat some seafood due to the iodine. Grits, however,
is a food I have tried but just can not stomach. The term 'soaked in lye
water' does little to elevate the thought.
Ceres

http://www.hort.net/funds/

Island Jim
Southwest Florida