Re: Chinese ginger - Yo Kitty!

In a message dated 8/9/2004 9:19:12 PM Central Standard Time,
Aplfgcnys@aol.com writes:

Virginia  Creeper grows here, too, but is no problem.

It could be invasive here if left unattended, but it is easy to control in
flower beds.  As I said in my earlier post, I don't mind it on the  fence.  It
is on a few trees, but I have kept it controlled to maybe one  vine on each of
them.  I agree with Auralie that wild grapevine is more  difficult to pull
up, but it, too, can be managed.  Auralie, sounds like  your wild bittersweet
could be the Kudzu of the North.  I am really glad  there is no Kudzu near me
because you can almost watch that stuff grow.  :-)
zone 7
West TN