Re: VA creeper was: Chinese ginger - Yo Kitty!

In a message dated 8/10/2004 4:05:52 AM Central Standard Time,
mtalt@hort.net writes:

like the  variegated poke weed, I just cannot convince myself to introduce it
when I am  in constant battle with the species.

That's a real pest here, too.  However, I have a friend from Memphis  who
comes out every spring to harvest the poke weed seedlings. Lots of people  around
here eat it, but I think we've already discussed poke sallet.  I do  leave
some plants for the birds.

zem
zone 7
West TN