From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Aplfgcnys@aol.com
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 8:54 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Chinese ginger - Yo Kitty! NOW Unmanageable plants

In a message dated 08/09/2004 5:22:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Zemuly@aol.com writes:
BTW, a friend of mine is giving
me some berries from her chinaberry  tree.  Now all I have to do is find
place to put it.

Good luck with your chinaberry tree, Zem.  I haven't seen that in many
years,
but when I was a child I spent many happy hours reading, sitting in the
branches
of one that leaned over a shed in our back yard.  I was a great
tree-climber
in
those days.  I could get up in the tree with a book and nobody would
find me. I really thought they were pretty, too.  The other plant I
remember that I
have
no idea what is now was "coral vine."  It was much admired, but I don't
think I have ever seen it since I left the South, and I don't have a
clue as to
what it
was.  Could it have been some sort of bouganvillea?
Auralie

http://www.hort.net/funds/