Re: Ia St Fair

Melody & Mardi, if you are on the air, I hope our plan to meet on Sat is
still good.  I definitely will be there.  I was out at the fair yesterday
afternoon & will go out again this afternoon to set our finally additives
to the
garden (containers, birdbath, perhaps a chair).  Our garden is not our
best.  We
have mildew on the Plumbago, bugs eating, Salvia Black & Blue, Crossandra,
Dahlias and Streptocarpella just not performing.  Guess the cool, damp
weather may
be part of the problem.

I'm looking forward to meeting you both at 1:00 this Saturday next to the
bean tunnel!  Sounds like our plans are firm enough this time that we won't
walk past each other, hopefully.

Your gardens were stellar last year - I'm sure you're right about the damp
weather conditions.  I have mildew on my lilacs, phlox, heliopsis, and
others in my yard at home.  I always see something new and interesting in
your plantings at the fair.  I just hope the weather warms up for this
weekend - it was 47 degrees this morning and is barely up to 60 now!