From: Judy L Browning [mailto: judybrowning@lewiston.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 10:05:32 -0700
Subject: [CHAT] gainful employment/burnout

Well folks, in the last 3 days, my so called 8 hour shifts have
stretched to<br>9-11 hours with no time for a lunch break. 5 hours
overtime, or about an<br>extra day's pay for the 3 days. Not sure it's
worth it. They staff by<br>algorithm at this hospital rather than by
acuity. I fail to understand how<br>paying 2 or 3 nurses overtime is
cheaper than paying an extra assisitant. I<br>can afford to work only 6
days every 2 weeks, and can't afford to work more,<br>emotionally or
physically. A lot of nurses choose to take other, less<br>lucrative work
because of the killer stress involved.<br>Getting off my soap box,
thanks for letting me

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com