Re: storms

It's almost 4 AM. We got the first band of rain, thunder, lightning about 3 AM. We're in kind of a lull right now, but there's a lot more coming.

We are about 5 miles inland and at an elevation of 28 feet [almost a mountain by Florida standards] so we're not worried about storm surge. Guy on the tube just said that hurricane force winds are not expected in Tampa before 9 PM today, so we'll probably get them about 8 PM. Supposed to last about 12 hours.