Re: storms

Hi, Auralie.

First hurricane I witnessed was one in New Orleans circa 1991. Next was a biggie in Apalachicola in 1992 ["C" something, maybe Camille]. And you're right. Most NATURAL DISASTERS are not. I grew up in SoCal; when I was 6 months old, my mother took with her when she went shopping in Compton, California. According to her, when we were in a shoe store, an earthquake leveled about half of Compton's downtown [which is on the San Andrea's fault line.

As a teenager--and weary of that family retelling--I remember telling her "and Compton's the better for it."