Re: Art in Garden talk - now vines

Not black gumbo. Have not actually dug in it yet. It looks red, actually.
Cathy
On Sunday, August 8, 2004, at 09:27 PM, "" <gardenqueen@academicplanet.com> wrote:

What's the soil like in Wichita Falls? I know it's zone 7 and runs 10
degrees colder there than in Dallas. Are they dealing w/ black gumbo
clay or something easier?

Pam Evans Kemp, TX zone 8A ----- Original Message ----- From: cathy carpenter Sent: 8/8/2004 7:00:37 PM To: gardenchat@hort.net Subject: Re: [CHAT] Art in Garden talk - now vines

Speaking of vines (back from escorting my daughter and granddaughter to
Wichita Falls, TX) any one have some ideas for vines and foundation
plants that might do well in that area? They are in quarters at
Sheppard AFB and do not want to have their yard stand out as the worst
in the housing area. (My "plant challenged" offspring asked for my
help!) As is typical in "rental" property, the yard has suffered from
years of neglect.
Cathy