Re: Self-seeders

Must be a species characteristic Myosotis scorpioides has spread quite nicely for me in the swamp.
Cathy
On Tuesday, August 10, 2004, at 09:08 PM, Kitty wrote:

My Eupatorium Chocolate has never volunteered a single seedling.
Myosotis sylvatica  - Genuine Forget Me Nots - is trying to colonize my
entire back yard though.

Kitty

----- Original Message -----
From: <Chris@widom-assoc.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 8:39 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Self-seeders

This year it is the blue lobelia, L. Syphilitica, and the foxgloves that
have seeded themselves around with abandon! I didn't really care for blue
lobelia until it reached clump strength. Now it glows in the shady areas!
Mine looks like the top photo on this link:
http://www.ncwaterfalls.com/flora/lobelia1.htm I need to take a picture of
it soon as I realized that I haven't photographed it yet. I guess that
I'm
getting sloppy as the season progresses.

I won't even mention the zillions of perilla and Eupatorium 'Chocolate'
seedlings! They are turning into ground covers in some of my beds!

Chris
Long Island, NY
Zone 7

http://www.hort.net/funds/