Re: Chinese ginger - Yo Kitty!

Well, Kitty, I would be *very* happy to trade slugs with you because
the ones in my garden think Asarum are candy - well most of the
species.  They don't even let some of them leaf out; just gnaw the
buds down to a nubbin:-(  A. splendens is one of the few that seem
able to withstand the onslaught...a couple of small holes, but
nothing like what happens to the smaller species.  You would think
that the thick leaves would discourage slugs, but it does not - at
least in my garden.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis