RE: seedling mulch NOW grits, tongue and other "delicacies"

Marge, I'm glad I'm not the only one who liked tongue, though not enough to
prepare, cook & slice it down myself!  The sausages are another matter.
Most of my uncles were farmers in Loogootee or Jasper Indiana.  I used to
spend some vacation time with Uncle Albert and he always did his own
butchering.  He truly did clean out the intestines and use it for the
sausage.  When Aunt Alvina got through seasoning it, and Uncle Albert had
stuffed it into the intestines, it was a wonderful thing to cook!

And when Uncle Albert had stripped all the fat off the animal (usually a cow
or a pig) he'd put that in a big pot and cook it all down.  There would be
rind treats from there in the evening.  After the treats had been scooped
out, Aunt Alvina would make her own soap.  (I was too busy helping with
other things to see what she did to that fat to make the soap.)

Of course, those two communities in Indiana are primarily German
communities.  Until a decade or so, you could see street signs that ended in
"strasse."  It was like going to "little" Germany.  The last time I was in
the area, one could still attend a worship service of your choice spoken in
German and the restaurants used to serve some great Sauerbraten, sausages
and pastries.  Still, I would have liked to have tried your slender
frankfurter, Marge.  It had to be heaven!

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)