I wonder if anyone can help me on this.  I have a few collections of garden
photos on cds.  I have a large collection on my hard drive that I have no
clue where it came from or how to identify the photos in it.  For some
reason the whole lot is simply titles Pics and was installed under my
scanner software.  It didn't come with the scanner.
The photos all have the extension .pic which none of my photo programs will
open.  However, Pics was also installed with its own Quick Time Viewer which
bears a red apple icon making me think it has to do with Mac. So, if I click
on one of these .pic files in Windows Explorer, the QTV opens and shows the
selected photo.
When the QTV is open, I can open more of these pics.  Each one is labeled
PHOTO - JPEG and a number like 1639.  There are 8 directories each named
1500, 2000, 2500, etc. Each directory holds roughly 500-1000 pictures.
The strangest part of the collection is that there is no connection between
the pictures within each directory.  8001 is a waterlily and 8007 is some
sort of succulent.  8005 looks like Million Bells.  There are also shrubs,
palms, cacti, you name it.

First, does any of this sound familiar to any of you?  Second, can you
suggest any way of utilizing this horribly configured collection of
absolutely stunning plant photography?  It's pretty useless as it is because
I can't find anything and nothing is named and there is no order to it.  But
it seems a shame to waste it.  Any ideas?