Re: Cathy Carpenter's Garden Tour is UP

> From: Bonnie Holmes <holmesbm@usit.net>
> Beautiful.  Thanks for sharing.  How did you set up the tour?
> Bonnie Zone 6+7 ETN

Bonnie, back when we were the AHS list, Chris gave me webspace on
hort.net to put up a tour of list member's gardens...guess it's been
a couple three years ago now.   AHS had a hissy fit so I changed the
page name and removed all AHS references, except in the URL to the
pages, as that would have messed up everybody's bookmarks.  We became
Gardenchat, so I changed things to reflect that:-)

Anybody on the list who would like to add their garden to the tour is
welcome to do so - or if your garden is already up and you want to
add pix, you can do that as well - the tour belongs to this list; I'm
just the person who could, at the time, put it online.  I have saved
my original 'how to get the pix to me' instructions and will copy and
paste that after my SIG file.  Any questions, email me privately.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis
All Suite101.com garden topics :

=============INFO FOR GARDEN TOUR PIX==========

Those with pix that can be emailed, email them to me PRIVATELY -don't
send them to the list!

Please put "CHAT garden tour" in the subject line, so I can find the
message in my inbox.

If you email images, they should be in .JPG format and around 300 x
400 pixels in size MAX...they can be smaller than that, but if they
are larger, I will resize them.

If you don't have the capability of sizing your images, I can do that
for you.   Leave the resolution as it was when the image was scanned
- the higher, the better as resizing loses pixels.

If you are assigning a resolution to your images, 96 is  better than

If you have a digital camera, you probably can't do anything about
its output resolution; not to worry about it, but PLEASE, if you know
how, reduce the images to at least 640x460 as the default output of a
digital camera is set so that you can print out an 8x10 and generally
about 15 megabytes an image - huge files that take up to an hour to
come through via email on my dial up account; thus, clogging my
system beyond belief.  If you have no clue how to do this, email me
and we'll work out how best to get your files to me.

If you have large files, send them in separate email messages,
please. Also, if they add up to more than 10 Megabytes in file size,
we need to talk about how and when you send them as my ISP sends me
nasty notes if they sit on their server for more than a nanosecond.

You can send only one photo if that's all you've got.

For those emailing pix - 12 is the maximum.

If you have no way to scan your photos, I can scan for you.  Limit to
number I will scan is *6*.  Photos should be glossy, not matte.  I
can also scan 35mm slides.

Email me and I will send you my snail mail address.  Send a
self-addressed, stamped envelope with your pix so I can return them
to you.

Please include the text you'd like to have shown next to the picture
- explaining what the picture is. Please key the text to the photo -
like photo #1/ Text #1 so I can copy and paste things in the right

Please send the text to me *in* an email - not as an attachment; I
might not be able to open it.  Email the text even if you are snail
mailing the pix for scanning.

If you want a bit of introductory text about your garden, that's
fine, too, just identify it with something like "Intro. Text", so I
will know what it is. And, of course, photos of the gardener are also

Tell me the city and state where your garden is located.

If the above doesn't answer your questions, email me privately