From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Marge Talt
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 3:23 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] need some advice

> From: Donna <justme@prairieinet.net>
> Bubble gum... leave a few pieces at the entrance to the tunnel....

Naw, Donna, that's an old wives tale.  Moles are carnivores and not
in the least interested in bubble gum.  They will simply ignore it;
waste of perfectly good bubble gum:-)

Glad you're home safe and sound...hope you get a bit of time to
recuperate from your vacation.

Bonnie, there must be a nice population of grubs or earthworms or
some other insect in your lawn to attract moles.  They are so
beneficial - and such cute little critters - it's a shame to try to
kill or discourage them although I can certainly understand your
concern for your mom's safety.

Can you go on a tunnel stomping binge before she goes outside or are
these tunnels located in one area she could avoid until the moles
move on- which they will once they've munched everything they can
find in one area.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis