Re: need some advice

As far as I know, gum is one of those gardener myths. Moles are carnivores, and wouldn't be interested. Killing them is the only solution, and since nature abhors a vacuum, will only be a temporary fix, since other moles will move into the territory. As to methodology, install mole killing traps along those tunnels (those that when you press them down, come back up) that they use to get to their feeding tunnels. Alternatively, you can use carbon monoxide - attach hose to your car's exhaust and feed it into their tunnel system.
Cathy