Re: Ia St Fair NOW Monarch Larvae

In a message dated 8/18/2004 5:36:34 AM Central Standard Time,
justme@prairieinet.net writes:

I  believe they are dependant on milkweed. Haven't seen any signs of them
this  year here which is strange.

Last week I had them all over my Asclepias.  There seemed to be one on  every
leaf of a number of plants.  I am looking forward to the  babies.  I have so
many butterflies, dragon flies, bees and humming birds  it's hard to pull
grass without bumping into them. :-)  I have not used any  poison of any kind in
the 7+ years I have lived here, and I have no pests --  except for those orange
aphids that get on the Asclepias every  year.  They don't appear to damage
the plants, and they don't stay  long.

zem
Zone 7
West TN